Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Yesterday: of Pain and Heat


It has "skin" on it... good enough for me.
I woke up at 5:30am with probably the second-worst cramp I have ever had, in my left calf. It was excruciating, and even though I tried to massage it out, it was so debilitating I could barely get out of bed to see if I could find something for it. The pain just kept coming in waves... I managed to locate a tube of some German stuff called Perskindol that either Christa or Iris or Daniela left... The only words on it in English are "Classic Gel" -- which tells me absolutely squat about what it's for. I get by with the French on it well enough, but I don't know anything about the effectiveness of the product. I didn't have anything else to try, so I gave it a go. It has these colourful flames on the tube, how can I go wrong? Ha!

It did make somewhat of a difference, and the scent wasn't too nauseating. I managed to hobble over to the optometrist's and back, then later last night I took to the pool for a while to tread water and get the leg moving without putting too much weight on it. By 10pm, it was good enough to walk across the Burrard Street Bridge to catch (speaking of heat) Fahrenheit 9/11 with Eliza. I was going to blog about it when I got home last night, but instead I discussed it with Socar and decided that was enough... there's enough political commentary about it on the blogosphere.