Monday, July 19, 2004

Earthquake!

It happened at 1:01am, and I was working, but didn't feel a thing. Danielle, who lives in northern BC, posted it immediately in the Vancouver Orkut community, but I couldn't respond as I was in Orkut jail...

Earthquake in BC - Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland

I've felt two earthquakes since I moved to Vancouver in 1996. There have been others, but I was out of town when they occurred. The last time I felt one was during the day -- I was working at my computer, and stuff was rattling on the shelves. Only one thing fell off, but I live on the fourth floor of a 32-storey building, so I'm certain the neighbours upstairs felt a bigger rattle. I think it was the earthquake that hit the Seattle area a few years ago -- early 2001? The one I experienced before that happened in the middle of the night, and it felt like a light aircraft slammed into the side of my building... the bed vibrated so much on the parquet flooring that it moved a few inches... with me in it! I was just dozing off to sleep, and I had never felt an earthquake before, so I was spooked!