Saturday, July 24, 2004

A New Development

So, last night I was chatting with Karl on MSN, discussing the idea of the Seattle-ites coming up to view a night of the annual fireworks competition in Vancouver - HSBC Celebration of Light.

Karl and me at Steamworks in Vancouver last month and with Eliza at SoHo (courtesy of Francesca's website).

I was trying to get in a weekend in Seattle, but it looked like the only available weekend was the 14th. My plan next month is to go to Montreal around the weekend of the 21st, and then the following weekend, the 28th, is Erich's wedding. Then Karl mentioned he was spectating an Ironman Canada competition in Penticton on Sunday the 29th, so I thought --well hey, come to the wedding! Why not? It all works out quite nicely, since he isn't planning to drive to Penticton to see the whole thing, just one segment -- the end! He says he's not going to sign up for it, but we shall see... with the triathlons he's been in, he might just take it further... all the way! As for me, I admire anyone who would train for an event like that, as it's brutal:

Swim - 2.4 miles/3.86 kms
Bike - 112 miles/180.2 kms
Run - 26.2 miles/42.2 kms

Ummm.... no, thanks. I'll just watch.