Sunday, July 18, 2004

Humidity

Is it ever humid... humidity just kills me! I just checked the weather online, and the humidity is sitting at 51%! When I was living in Cairns in the far north of Australia, the humidity in the summer (northern hemisphere winter) was typically around 80%, but I just got used to it. But here, this is so unusual. It's the first time in I can't remember how long that I've actually used my air conditioning. I'm not a fan of A/C, but faced with a choice between humidity and A/C, I'll take A/C.
 
I decided today that I am going to have to take drastic measures to get myself back to feeling as good physically as I did when I returned from Europe. There, I was out every single day, walking and moving constantly.... practically running up steps of stone ruins, steep hillsides, metro stairways with baggage in tow. In the two months or so since, I've slowly slid right back into my lethargic ways and spend too much time in front of the computer. Time to arrest the slide.
 
On a completely different note, the other day I made a small attempt to re-post some of the photos prior to May that were previously hosted on my Telus webspace. Since the Telus snafu, I've been conscious of the fact that nearly all my archives have broken photo links, but the task is so large I don't think now is the time to tackle it. Especially since I'm so behind on my SFU coursework -- the end of the term is less than two weeks away, and I'm going to have to scramble like crazy to finish on time.