Saturday, September 25, 2004

... and not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

It's 11:30, and people are either still sleeping, or pretending to.

Karl got up and saw me sitting in front of the PowerBook. "Gail, did you sleep?" I was in this position when he went to bed at 4:30 or so, and here I am, in the same position hours later.

Yeah, I *did* sleep, amazingly enough!! Karl bought this memory foam thing, which was supposed to decompress over 24 hours, but well, I wasn't going to wait 24 hours to sleep on it. But I have to mention these TWO chimes -- not one, but TWO -- that go off every 15 minutes or so. They're not synchronised, and one goes off directly after the other one. If this were an audioblog, I would demonstrate how loud they are, but just use your imagination! Think of a GONG.

Karl's got some plans for us today, but we're going to stay downtown tonight so we can go out late and not bother anyone when we come home... Karl's got a triathlon tomorrow, so it's going to be an early night and an early morning for him. (Not early like this morning, going to bed just before dawn.) We'll be dragging ourselves out of bed when Karl is crossing the finishing line! Er, no, I said we would be meeting him at the finish line, so I guess we'll be setting an alarm clock (or two).