Thursday, September 30, 2004

Twilight Zonish

I used to LOVE the old show Twilight Zone. My brothers and I would watch the black and white version religiously and creep ourselves out.

I just had a Twilight Zone moment. I went 'round to the optometrist's to pick up a couple of boxes of contact lenses, and they weren't there anymore. Instead, there was a travel agency. I stood there, looking around for a while, trying to figure out if I was on autopilot and ended up on the wrong street or block by mistake. Nope. I could've sworn I was only there in the last month -- or has it been longer?? -- and my optometrist gave me a box and told me to come back for more. He never mentioned he'd planned on moving -- or did he just close down the business suddenly? Good thing he's only up the street, but I wonder what happened? I could just phone the number and find out, but I am sick to death of the phone -- and telecom in general -- right now.

I'd cut to the Telus story, but it's a saga that must be told in its entirety, so I'll leave it for tonight. There's a bunch of things I have to do before I fly to New York tomorrow, so we'll see if I can exercise some brevity this time.